It has been tough, but you finally made the decision to sell your house. It could be for any number of reasons. You could be moving for a great job opportunity. The kids have left home and downsizing makes sense. Or maybe it’s a case of wanderlust and you no longer want to be tied down. Now the question becomes, how to make sure you get the best return on your investment?
We want you to know Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can help. No, we’re not going to handle the scrubbing, painting, and cleaning to get your home ready for open houses and visits by potential buyers. But we can help make your home stand out from all the other houses for sale. Often times, sellers put all the emphasis on cosmetics and curb appeal. Kotz wants to make sure you don’t forget about your HVAC systems and other home comfort appliances.
It’s important to remember an HVAC replacement can be a good investment when you are selling a home. If your current systems are outdated and not energy efficient, potential buyers can be scared off.
With all of these things in mind, here is our HVAC home selling checklist:
- Schedule a professional HVAC tune-up
- Don’t take the risk of an embarrassing breakdown when potential buyers are on their way to see the home or are already in the house
- During the tune-up your technician will clean the units making them look much newer
- Ductwork and filtration
- Kotz will inspect your ductwork
- Make sure the ductwork is sealed
- Repair any leaks they find
- Make sure you have proper filtration & the filters are clean
- Update your home’s system controls to reflect current technology
- Make sure you have a programmable thermostat
- Wi-Fi enabled is preferable
- If not, your home might feel dated
- Make sure to remove leaves & vegetation from outside units
Freshening up your bathrooms and kitchen with new plumbing fixtures can be a huge selling point as well. Kotz has dozens of name brands on display in our plumbing showroom. If you’re worried about the overall appearance of one or more bathrooms, Kotz has a bathroom designer on staff to help you. An outdated bathroom can be a deal-breaker. A remodeled bathroom that draws oohs and aahs can be a deal-maker. Our licensed plumbers can also handle a plumbing inspection to make sure the buyers won’t find any problems.
We understand the home-selling process is stressful. While cosmetic changes are important, don’t get overwhelmed and forget about the mechanical systems. Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is here to help in any way we can. Make sure you follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on our special offers and the latest news in the HVAC industry.