How to Maintain Your Home’s Plumbing
Maintaining your home’s plumbing is crucial to avoid costly repairs and unnecessary water damage. Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been serving the plumbing needs of Waterford, Michigan home and business owners since 1929. When drains are clogged, toilets are stopped up or faucets or other pipes are leaking, area homeowners know a call to Kotz is the only one they need to make. Our licensed plumbers will quickly take care of whatever plumbing challenge is occurring.
While plumbing maintenance is unknown to many, Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers a comprehensive Red Carpet Maintenance Program that includes inspecting your home’s plumbing to ensure everything is running properly and free from any potential back-ups and breakdowns.
Here are some tips to keep your plumbing in good condition:
- Regularly check for leaks – Even a small leak can waste a significant amount of water and damage your home. Check for leaks in your faucets, pipes, and toilets regularly. Call Kotz to fix any leaks as soon as you notice them.
- Clean your drains – Over time, debris can build up in your drains and cause clogs. If possible, use a plunger to clear any clogs or call Kotz before they become a bigger problem.
- Use a water softener – Hard water can cause mineral buildup in your pipes, which can lead to clogs and reduce the lifespan of your plumbing. Use a water softener to prevent mineral buildup and avoid serious issues down the road.
- Check your water pressure – High water pressure can cause stress on your pipes and lead to leaks. A Kotz plumber can check your water pressure and adjust it as needed.
- Avoid using chemical drain cleaners – Chemical drain cleaners can damage your pipes and harm the environment. Instead, use natural alternatives like baking soda and vinegar.
- Insulate your pipes – Insulating your pipes can prevent them from freezing during cold weather and reduce the risk of leaks.
- Maintain your water heater – Regularly check your water heater for leaks and make sure it’s functioning properly. Flush the tank once a year to remove any sediment buildup.
By following these tips, you can maintain your home’s plumbing and prevent costly repairs. If you’re not comfortable handling small plumbing repairs yourself, call Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to inspect your pipes and make any necessary repairs.