No Hot Water? How to Troubleshoot Water Heater Problems
Water heaters are essential appliances in every household, but they can occasionally malfunction, leading to problems like no hot water, leaking and strange noises. Troubleshooting water heater challenges can be a daunting task, but with the following steps, you may be able to identify and fix most issues.
- Check the power supply: First, ensure that your water heater is receiving power by checking the circuit breaker and fuses. If it’s an electric water heater, check if the heating elements are receiving the required voltage. If you have a gas heater, ensure that the pilot light is lit.
- Check the thermostat: If the water temperature is not hot enough, it may be an issue with the thermostat. Check the thermostat setting and adjust it if needed. If the problem persists, contact Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to schedule an appointment with one of our trained plumbers. Your thermostat may need to be replaced.
- Inspect the anode rod: If you notice rust-colored water or a metallic odor, the anode rod may be corroded. If you feel comfortable doing so, check the rod and replace it if it’s significantly corroded. A plumber from Kotz can replace your anode rod quickly and efficiently.
- Check for leaks: Inspect the water heater and its connections for any leaks. Also, do a visual check for any standing water around your water heater. Call Kotz to have your water heater repaired or replaced if you notice water around your unit.
- Drain the tank: If you hear strange noises or notice reduced efficiency, sediment buildup in the tank may be the culprit. Kotz can drain the tank and flush it to remove any accumulated sediment.
- Call a professional: If you’re not comfortable troubleshooting your water heater or cannot identify the problem, contact Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumber to have one of our professional plumbers evaluate the issue. They can diagnose and repair the issue safely and effectively.
To schedule your water heater repair, call Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today!