When you are tired of your wardrobe do you throw everything out and start from scratch? Not likely because it’s impractical (and too expensive) for most people. Instead, you find ways to change your look with a few changes here and there or different accessories. Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing believes the same thing can be done with your bathroom. You can find ways to modernize without investing in a bathroom remodel.
Tweak Bathroom Instead of Bathroom Remodel
If you’re one of the lucky ones maybe your bathroom has never gone out of style. But if you’re stuck with a color scheme from bygone years (think pink, aqua, or raspberry tiles), there’s still hope. If you can’t afford a bathroom remodel at the moment, there are other options to consider.
- Change bathroom accessories: If your pedestal sink or vanity is still in good shape just consider updating the fixtures as part of a bathroom renovation. New faucets and lighting sconces from the Kotz showroom will change the look without putting in new tile. If the tub is colored you can look at having it resurfaced.
- Look at new or different artwork: Look for paintings or photos with just enough shades to pick up the color of the tile, then lots of other bold colors to distract from the outdated colors.
- Paint the tile: It’s not the same as replacing the bathroom tile, but if you hate the current color it’s an option worth considering. Professional painters say you’ll first need to apply a primer coat. An oil-based primer will give you the best results. Even if you’re going to do the work yourself, you might want to get some tips from a professional painter.
- Let your hair down: Don’t be afraid to be daring. Add some fun wallpaper, a new ceiling light fixture, or paint the doors of the vanity.
- Work with what you have: Your bathroom renovation can take advantage of the tile color even though it’s outdated. Consider some bold patterns in new window curtains. Same with your shower curtain. The boldness will take attention away from the dated tile.
- Don’t forget the little things: One example is electrical outlets. In many older homes, they are placed on the wall above the tilework and stand out like a sore thumb. If you paint the wall, paint the outlet cover so it blends in. Another option is a decorative night light.
- Divert attention: Try adding some wallpaper. Use as much color and pattern as you want to divert attention from the bathroom tile. One tip: If you go for the dramatic wallpaper, then stay neutral and plain when it comes to the shower curtain. Let the wallpaper do all the talking.
- Make it functional: Many older bathrooms are lacking things like glass shelves, towel bars, and wall hooks. Adding these bathroom accessories can really help with storage solutions.
Our Experts Are Here To Help
The Kotz showroom has thousands of choices to help you with a bathroom renovation in your Waterford, MI home. Better yet, we also have expert help. Kotz has an in-house bathroom designer to offer suggestions and answer your questions. She can show you how to get the most out of your old bathroom even if you are not ready for a full remodel.