Everyone knows that summer heat is tough on home comfort systems. But it’s also hard on your home’s plumbing system.
This is mostly a result of more water usage as kids are home from school for the summer. More time at home means more showers, more flushing of toilets, more loads of laundry and more glasses of water from the kitchen faucet or refrigerator dispenser. Seasonal swimming pools are filled and maintained and lawns, flowers and gardens require more water.
Now that the kids are getting ready to return to school, it is a good time to check out just how much wear and tear your home’s plumbing system has absorbed the past few months. The accumulative effect on your home’s pipes and fixtures can result in many problems that need your attention. Issues can include leaky pipes/fixtures, running toilets, and clogged or blocked garbage disposals and sewer lines. The lifespan or efficiency of home appliances such as water purification systems, dishwashers and water heaters can also be affected by increased water usage.
If your home’s plumbing needs some attention or it’s just time for regular maintenance, give Kotz a call today. Our licensed professionals are ready to take care of any and all plumbing needs, including:
- Water and Sewer Line Repairs and Replacements
- New Plumbing. Professional and complete turnkey installations of new pipes and fixtures
- Water Heaters. More efficiency to meet your hot water needs
- Water Treatment. Pure and clean water at your convenience
- Garbage Disposal Installation. Environmentally friendly and easy kitchen cleanup
- Under Sink Water Filtration. Get safe, better tasting water directly from the faucet
- Backflow Preventers. Prevent a big mess with proper installation, repair and testing
We also want to remind our customers to conserve water whenever you can. This can be done by taking fewer and shorter showers, shutting off the faucet while brushing your teeth, reducing or even eliminating lawn and garden watering and making sure the washing machine and dishwasher have full loads before running. Call Kotz today for all your plumbing needs.