If you are a car geek you likely enjoy shopping for and buying a new car. Completing a bathroom or kitchen remodeling project (with the help of the Kotz Showroom—of course!) can give you a feeling of accomplishment because you can see, feel, and use the fruits of your investment.
However, news of an impending HVAC replacement usually results in frowns and frustration. We at Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing get it, we really do. There’s nothing sexy or fun about replacing the heating and/or cooling systems in your Waterford, MI, home. Yet it’s one of those times when you must look at the big picture.
Don’t Just Look At The Upfront Cost
We understand the principle behind “sticker shock” but looking only at the upfront cost of an HVAC replacement is a mistake. There are many factors that need to be considered:
- Cutting monthly costs—Yes, you can do just that. If your current system is 10 or more years old, a replacement will almost certainly be a money saving decision. It’s not unrealistic to expect up to a 30% drop in monthly utility bills because of increased efficiency.
- Increased home value—Do you have a crystal ball? Do you know what the future holds? Even if you have no current plans to sell your home, you simply don’t KNOW what’s going to happen. Efficient new heating and cooling systems will add resale value.
- Reduced repair costs—Unexpected repairs on your aging system can really make a shamble of your household budget. HVAC replacement comes with a manufacturer’s warranty and the peace of mind that comes with it.
- Comfort—The advanced technology in heating and cooling systems goes far beyond improved efficiency. An A/C or furnace replacement will almost always make your home more comfortable. Modern systems can often be “zoned” meaning you can set different temperature levels in different rooms.
The Big R or R Decision
Even with those advantages, the decision to repair the old system or replace it is often difficult. It’s a decision only you can make. The job of our Kotz experts is to give you all the information you need including:
- Cost to repair the old system
- How long you can expect the repair to last
- Likelihood of more repairs in the future
- Expected savings from increased efficiency
- Any ongoing promotions to cut your upfront costs
Quality Without Compromise
When your decision is made, Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is here to help you. We offer you a 100% happiness guarantee on any repair work or installations. This company began serving Waterford, MI and all of Oakland County in 1929 and we plan to keep serving our customers for many more years to come. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to learn about our special deals throughout the year.