Even though summers here in the Oxford area of Michigan tend to be milder than other parts of the U.S., when it’s hot outside no one wants an air conditioning repair, especially in the middle of the dog days of the season. One way to ensure you don’t have an AC breakdown when you need it most is to have regularly scheduled air conditioning maintenance on your system. At Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we offer our Red Carpet Maintenance Program through which you get our guarantee that every component of your AC will be inspected, cleaned and tested to make sure it runs efficiently and at its best to keep you cool all season long. If things still go awry and your air conditioner is blowing hot air even after doing all you could, what should you do?
First off, don’t panic. The professionals at Kotz are trained to handle any AC emergency you may have and are prepared to perform air conditioner repairs, or if needed even a complete AC replacement.
Reasons Your Air Conditioner May Be Blowing Hot Air
- Your air filters may be dirty or clogged. – Changing air filters regularly is an often overlooked task in maintaining the efficient operation of your AC system. This important step is included in our Red Carpet Maintenance Program.
- The condensate drain may be clogged. – During annual inspection, condensate drains are checked and cleaned if needed. Once they become clogged, the result is the humid air cannot be removed in the cooling process and warm air is released back indoors.
- There’s a refrigerant leak. – Proper refrigerant levels are necessary to keep the outdoor unit operating correctly. If it’s too low, warm air blowing indoors may result or at worst, the coils in the outdoor unit will freeze and will no longer work at all.
- The outdoor unit may be blocked with debris or plantings. – It’s important the outdoor unit has a clear perimeter around it to allow for good airflow. If not, warm air blowing indoors could result.
- You need a new system. – If your air conditioning system is between 15 – 20 years old, the warm air could be a result of a worn out system. An air conditioner repair would serve to only put a band aid on a fatally wounded system. Your greatest financial benefit will be experienced by having a Kotz Comfort Specialist evaluate your home’s design and layout to determine which quality product we carry will best meet your needs and budget while providing the greatest level of comfort and efficiency.
If your air conditioner is blowing hot air in the middle of the summer, call Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today to have your air conditioner repaired, or if needed, replaced with a new high efficiency AC unit.