Air Conditioning Installation
The time has come for a new air conditioning system in your Waterford, MI home. Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing understands there are many reasons you’ve come to this decision:
- The house is uncomfortable because your old A/C can no longer keep it cool
- Your monthly electric bill is going up
- The current cooling system is not working and will require expensive repairs
- The A/C is near the end of its expected life
It’s not about the “box”
Many air conditioners can cool your home, but none will do it efficiently if it’s not installed correctly. It takes training, knowledge and experience to properly install central air conditioning systems. This is why the people you choose are often more important than the HVAC system you choose.
Choose a contractor carefully
A good first step before hiring an HVAC contractor is to verify the company is properly licensed and insured. Kotz will always provide that information for you. Another good idea is to check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to learn about any complaints, lawsuits, or other red flags that may be on file. Online reviews are also a valuable source of information. A good HVAC contractor should be able to provide you with a list of references from recent A/C installations.
Prepare your home
Our Kotz installers are trained to deal with all situations, but there are some things you can do to make the job much easier and speed up the process.
- Clear the area where the outside A/C compressor will be located. This may include cutting vegetation and branches, picking up any large sticks, moving patio furniture and garden hoses.
- When installation day arrives make sure your pets are confined and kept away from the worksite.
- Consider moving your vehicle(s) to provide extra space in your yard and driveway for the installation team. This will allow them to park as close to your home as possible.
- The Kotz team is always very careful, but it’s a good idea to move valuables such as antiques or family heirlooms to a safe location.
Before any work is done the crew will protect all flooring in the work areas with drop cloths, protective paper, or plastic. Then and only then the crew will bring in their tools and begin the project.
Out with the old
The first task is removing your old cooling system. Kotz will not leave anything behind for you to take care of. All the old equipment will be recycled or disposed of according to all environmental requirements.
Ductwork modification or replacement
The HVAC ducts are a vital part of any air conditioning system. Part of the installation process is assuring your ducts are the proper size and type to work with the new system. This will be determined long before installation day. If changes are needed, the work will be done while the new A/C is being installed.
Comfort you can count on
When you consider all the factors, you can understand why Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing believes installation day is the most important day in the life of a central air conditioning system. Call now to schedule a free no-obligation.