It’s possible your home is under a big horseshoe in the sky. Or maybe you carry a four leaf clover in your pocket or wallet. But chances are good your luck will run out and you will need a furnace repair at some point in your life. When you do, the folks at Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are here to help.
Signs you made need repairs
If you can help it, don’t want to wait until the furnace stops working to get help. Inevitably, it’s going to happen on the coldest day or just before the big holiday gathering. To prevent this, learn some of the warning signs.
- Low or no heat—The loss of heat can be gradual. If it feels like it’s taking a long time for your house to warm up or there’s no heat at all, there’s a problem. You will likely need a trained HVAC technician to determine if it’s being caused by your thermostat, electrical system, pilot light/igniter, or gas supply.
- Snap, crackle, pop—No, we’re not talking about your morning cereal, but rather unusual noises coming from the furnace. The noises can be a banging, squealing, or grinding sound. Some common causes are fan motor bearings going bad, a clogged burner, or poor ventilation.
- Blower runs continuously—If the fan keeps running long after the furnace has shut off there’s a problem with your heating system. The most common culprit is a faulty limit switch.
- Furnace cycles on & off—If it’s turning on and off frequently, it could be a thermostat problem or poor airflow sometimes caused by a dirty or clogged filter.
Not every one of those problems will immediately cause your home to go ice cold during a Michigan winter, but ignoring those symptoms is a bit like playing Russian roulette with your heating system.
Kotz to the rescue
When you do need help with furnace repairs you can be assured Kotz will send a fully qualified technician to your home to take care of the problem. Every employee is:
- Subject to extensive background checks
- Takes part in random drug testing
- Licensed, bonded & insured
- Receives continual training
Additionally, Kotz repairs and services all brands of forced air furnaces, heat pumps, and boilers for radiant heat systems. Repairing your furnace or other heating system will assure it’s operating at peak efficiency to save money on your monthly utility bills. All repairs performed by us come with a lifetime workmanship warranty plus a 1-year parts & labor warranty for all HVAC replacement parts.
History & tradition
Our motto is “Quality Without Compromise.” Maybe that’s why we’ve been serving the people of Oakland County, MI since 1929. Call Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for your next furnace repair.