Furnaces

Furnaces

Service Overview

Furnaces

Home is the one place you want to be cozy and warm when it’s chilly outside. In the Oakland County, MI area, winters vary from cold to downright frigid. Because you are important to us, Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing wants to make sure you stay comfortable all year long, and especially when it’s cold outside. One way we do that is by offering the most common home heating source, a natural gas forced air furnace.

Featured brands

Two of the most respected names in the industry are Trane, Bryant and Mitsubishi. Fortunately, Kotz can provide all of them. Each manufacturer has several models to choose from depending on size needed to meet your home’s specifications and the level of efficiency desired.

Why choose a gas furnace?

There are other heating systems available, like radiant and heat pumps for example, but there are some good reasons why gas furnaces are so popular.

  • The upfront cost is usually less than with other systems.
  • Natural gas is typically the least expensive energy source (propane can be more expensive).
  • Forced air heat generally warms the interior air quickly.

How do I choose the right furnace?

The fact is, there is no single right furnace for every home or homeowner. A major consideration is the overall square footage of your home. Other factors to address are the amount of insulation and how weathertight the doors and windows are. It takes a trained HVAC professional to make those calculations. Don’t let any salesperson convince you bigger is better. A furnace that’s too large for your home can actually be inefficient.

Let’s talk about efficiency.

Efficiency is an important consideration when choosing a furnace because it directly affects monthly expenditures. Furnaces receive what’s called an AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) rating. If the rating is 80 it means 80% of the fuel burned is used to heat your home. The other 20% is wasted. If your current furnace is 10 years old or older, chances are it’s only about 55% to 70% efficient. Current available furnaces can have efficiency ratings as high as 97%. If your energy costs seem out of control, a new furnace may significantly reduce your expenses. 

What else should I consider?

In addition to efficiency, comfort features such as noise levels and temperature controls are important considerations. The type of warranty included should be factored into your decision-making process as well. No one wants to think they’ll need to have a new unit repaired, but it’s good to know you’re covered if you have a premature issue. Finally, overall cost will often be the deciding element for choosing the furnace you need. Ask if there are rebates available if you purchase a certain level of efficiency or from a specific manufacturer. Our comfort consultants will offer options so you can decide which best meets your needs and budget. Kotz has financing options available if needed.

Kotz has decades of experience.

“Delivering Quality Without Compromise” has been our motto since 1929. We stand behind our customers 100% – check out our guarantees! With over 90 years of experience and a long list of satisfied customers, why would you turn to anyone else for your furnace installation and repair needs? Call Kotz Heating, Cooling and Plumbing today and make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable and courteous staff.

 

KOTZ – COMFORT YOU CAN COUNT ON!