Thought much about your plumbing lately? The answer very likely is no. Trust us, you are not alone. Plumbing might be the most ignored system in the house, but nothing can turn a good day into a bad day faster than a destructive breakdown. There are several different scenarios that can cause all sorts of damage:
- Corroded water heaters
- Old and weak washing machine hoses
- A shutoff valve fails
- Tree roots or other blockages plug your sewer pipe
Practice preventive maintenance
The best way to prevent a plumbing disaster is with regular maintenance by one of Kotz’s licensed plumbers. They are trained to spot pending disasters like the ones we just mentioned.
- Plumbers are able to identify water heater problems. They will look for any signs of corrosion, a very small leak that could become a large one, or maybe a bulging tank indicating a pressure buildup inside.
- A plumbing inspection includes checking washing machine hoses. Experience makes it possible to spot a weak or soft spot in a hose long before it bursts.
- The Kotz plumber will look at every shutoff valve. If any warning signs, leaks or corrosion are spotted.
- A plumbing professional can spot symptoms of partially clogged drains and sewer pipes before disaster strikes. If it’s determined there is a blockage, Kotz has the tools necessary to fix the problem including video inspections of your drainpipe.
Leak detection & repair
During an inspection the plumber will also be looking for leaky faucets and toilets. You may think leaks are no big deal, but they can waste hundreds of gallons of water each day. Over time that adds up to wasted money. Here are just a few examples:
- A metal pipe with a ⅛-inch hole leaks 2,500 gallons of water every 24 hours at 40 psi
- A pinhole size leak can waste 360,000 gallons a year
- A leaking toilet can use 90,000 gallons of water in 30 days.
- Dripping faucets or outdoor spigots can waste up to 180 gallons a month
Remember, we’re not only talking wasted money but also a waste of a valuable resource. While water shortages aren’t routine in Oakland County, MI, water conservation is always a good thing.
Products & services
Whenever you need plumbing help depend on Kotz. Here are just a few of the services we offer:
- Gas piping
- Faucet/Fixture replacement & repair
- Sump pumps
- Well & laundry pumps
- Tank & tankless water heaters
- Water & drain line repair & installation
Kotz is here to help
Stop ignoring your plumbing system. Call Kotz Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to schedule your inspection and preventive maintenance. Our motto is, “Quality Without Compromise.” Let us show you what we mean.